GREEN CITY- FARMERS SERVICE CENTER
Kerala being the state with high population
density has to depend on other producing states for its daily requirement of
foods like fruits, vegetables, grams etc. Their turns add up to the situation
of draining revenue from the state to outwards. If the money which in flowing
outwards could be reduced to the minimum, it could be need for the economic development
of the state.
Kerala being the state with high population density has to depend on other producing states for its daily requirement of foods like fruits, vegetables, grams etc. Their turns add up to the situation of draining revenue from the state to outwards. If the money which in flowing outwards could be reduced to the minimum, it could be need for the economic development of the state.
As per the letter No C.P. (6) 19267/2012 dated 20/11/2013 of the Additional Registrar of Co-Operative societies (Credit), in Charge of the Registrar of Co-Operative societies, Kerala, have informed that we had selected to start a farmers Service Center in Kozhikode District, The Proposed site for Farmers service center is situated at Poolakode village choolur desam of Chathamangalam Grama panchayath in Kunnamangalam Block in Kozhikode Taluk of Kozhikode District.
CONCEPT OF FARMERS SERVICE CENTERS
Farmers Service Center
The major Objectives of the Farmers Service Centre are as follows:-
1. To act on a nodal agency at Block level to co-ordinate agriculture services in all Gramapanchayat within the block level to improve the agricultural productivity.
2. To manage the labour shortage problem faced in the agriculture sector of Kerala by agro machinery operation services and making data bank of Agricultural labours to form a “Green Army” for helping the farmers.
3. To provide quality seeds, pesticides, manure, growing substrates and other agricultural inputs.
4. Provide market intelligent services and help the famers to operate the agricultural markets to sale their products.
5. Hiring farm machinery such as tractor, power tiller, sprayer etc to the farmers.
6. To undertake Farm machinery repair services, fabrication, procurement and supply of spare parts services and manufacturing of equipment at block level.
7. To give training to the unemployed youth in cooperation with State Youth welfare Board, Agricultural university, Agricultural Department, RAIDCO, and other Agencies approved by the government.
8. To improve farm clinical services by the provision of mobility equipped with fertilizers for soil problem diagnosis, pest and disease management etc.
9. To work as an agency to provide the knowledge about Agricultural loans, subsidy etc using information technology in co-ordination with the orginisations like NABARD, NCDC, State Horticultural Mission
It is expected that by the implementation of the proposed project that service delivery of the bank at the field leave should be improved problems due to labour shortage is minimized and youth in agriculture would be getting a good statues and income by professionalizing their venture. The service of the department of agriculture made available to the farmers through the farmers service center. The machinery support will reduce the cost of cultivation and the other technical and input service through the farmer’s service center will increase the production and productivity of the crops and improve the economic statues of the farmers.
Action plan to setup Farmers Service Centre.
We have 15.46 Acres of Land in The proposed site for the Farmers Service Center. The plot is purchased for starting a Cancer Hospital in the name of “CANCER AND ALLIED AILMENTS RESEARCH (CARE) FOUNDATION”. Now the plan is not yet received with the Chief Town Planner of Kerala. To set greenery for the hospital premises, we planted 2500 Teak Buds and 500 Mahogany trees in the compound. We had planted plantain (Nenthran, Poovan, Mysore, Robusta, Kathali and Njali Poovn ) ,Guava, lime, Colocasia, BitterGuard,pumpkin, snalegourd, spinach, Yam, Chinese potato, ladies finger, brinjal, elephant foot yam, taro, tapioca, tomato, ginger, Turmeric, pineapple and papaya etc. there.
Out of these 2.50 Acres of Land is selected to establish modern farming technologies. The land is fully irrigated from the water taken from iruvngipuzha by setting up a Pump Hose at Pazhor, which is 5 kilometer apart from the proposed site.
We will set up an office space for 1000 Sq. Feet Building to operate the Farmers Service Centre. We will provide telephone facility to the farmers Service Center to provide service to the farmers. To provide Office equipments, Computers, Telephone etc, we decided to provide Rs: 4 lakhs for this purpose.
More than 10 agricultural labours are now working there, in the supervision of Our Estate Manager, Sri. Baby Varkey Ampatt. He is a well-known farmer and also a co-operator having an experience of more than 20 Years as the Secretary of Vilangad Service Co-Operative Bank. To establish the farmer’s center we wish to expand the labour strength to 15 labours. We will provide best training to them from the Agricultural University and Horticultural Mission to enable them to give knowledge about modern farming, Nursery preparation, Garden farming, Vermi Compost manufacturing, Pest Control, Bio Fertilizer Production, Repair and maintenance of Farm Machinery, farming methods using machineries, protecting crops, methods of irrigation etc. for this training we allocate s fund for 3 Lakhs Rupees (Approx.).
We will prepare a “Green House” to produce various types of Seeds, eg:- plantain (Nenthran, Poovan, Mysore, Robusta, Kathali and Njali Poovn ) , Grafted Mango trees, Ariconut trees, coconut trees ( Dwarf, T*D, D*T, etc.), Karuva leaves Guava, lime, Colocasia, BitterGuard,pumpkin, snalegourd, spinach, Yam, Chinese potato, ladies finger, brinjal, elephant foot yam, taro, tapioca, tomato, ginger, Turmeric, pineapple and papaya etc. to set apart this farm we will allocate s fund for 3 Lakhs Rupees (Approx.).
To provide farm mechanization service to farmers, we will purchase the needy equipments. Eg:- Mini Tractor( with All Fittings), PowerTriller (Garden Triller), Bush Cutter, Wood Cutter, Diesel Pump sets, Nursery Tools, Coconut Climbing machine, etc. for purchasing these machineries we require 15 Lakhs Rupees (Approx.).